Thursday, October 30, 2008

LOVE @ 1st Sight - 29





It’s official!

Yeay!

Two admirers. I am not surprised if Fiat 600D was their first car

Before lunch I did my weekly mail box checking and Love at first sight is now a member of Malaysia – Singapore Vintage Car Register.

I went to one event during ramadhan recently in Royal Selangor Club.



It was really fun to be together with a bunch of enthusiasts who are passionate about their collections.

i used to own this very model years ago but the mechanic in Bentong is still working on it. One of these days i am going to get RARS to beat him up get the car done. Dang hopeless bastard!

I listened to stories how painful it was to restore their vintage “babies”.

One guy was very lucky to find and old 280s in an estate in Negeri Sembilan with very low mileage on it. He had to go through months of “courting” to convince and old auntie to sell the Merc to him. He has been a proud owner for years and won several trophies. I have seen the car and it’s immaculate for a model which was built circa 1960s.



After talking to several other collectors, I think it is safe to say that most of them are rather eccentric. They can talk about their cars forever! In lengthy technical details.



The only set back is, I was the youngest in the crowd. It’s not easy to break the ice yet. I hope to get to know them better in more events to come.

Elvis's pink Caddilac

Next month, they are organizing a trip to Penang for 2 days. Drive from KL all the way to Penang, get together with members in Penang and parade the cars on the island.

I'd be very happy if I could afford to keep one of these.

Sound interesting, but to hang around these old people for 2 days in Penang without my regular buddies and hangouts….



Hmm.. that’s going to be quite a challenge as much as I’d love to show off Love At First Sight to the Penangites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The only set back is, I was the youngest in the crowd" - hahaha...kau pun dah tua la Pok Ling

shemeq said...

babs,

to think of it, it's not a set back. at least i can be the youngest in the crowd. hmmm perhaps i SHOULD go to penang.... NOT!

Unknown said...

they are all sooooooooo cute!!!!