Wednesday, September 24, 2008


A Trip Like No Other

I have been wanting to post my Umrah experience.

I hope choratchoret frequent flyers do not feel like I am preaching.
Far from it.
Just to share my experience.

Like I always do after my previous trips.




I have to say the umrah trip was beyond comparison to other trips before. Way beyond ....

It was a personal spiritual journey - me visiting Him at his "house" - Baitullah.
And I felt it! I felt like I was welcome in His arms and it was a wonderful experience.

Why did I say He welcome me big time? And I felt it?

I am sure most of us have heard horror stories about people who had been to Makkah before. I even heard story where people just got sick and didn't even manage to perform umrah when they were there. Soome of them were stuck in their rooms, some even hospitalized.



They said God pays in cash in Tanah Haram - I supposed He does, and that scared the shit out of me. Yes me, a small being with mountains of sin accumulated for the past 40 years. Based on the thing I have done (trust me, it's A LOT!) I deserve to be struck by lightning as soon as I cross into Makkah city limit.

He is the most gracious and the most merciful - My umrah was smooth sailing and it was a wonderful spiritual journey. MOMO would say - HAMDILLAH!

OK, I admit. Only one glitch: I lost my favorite pair of Birkenstock sandles on the last day. But that's totally OK. An excuse for me to get a new pair - and I already did!




So focused that the only things I did during my 9 days in Makkah and Madinah was just pray, sleep, eat, read the quran, tawaf. Only towards the end of the trip I followed my bro and sis to shop, and I shopped big time. Load of books and jubahs for family and friends.




I will try to post some snippets of interesting stories during my umrah, soon.

Do stay tune!

**These pics were taken secretly using my handphone. I was not supposed to do this, but I braved myself with the intention to share them with you. More to come!

3 comments:

Saverinea said...

U just using ur handphone camera? Im so impress.... Cantik sangat gamba dea..... :) Very nice

Malika said...

I wish to exprience an Umrah too...........i have never been!

shemeq said...

my nanie:

these are captured (secretly) with my handphone. my nokia is 3.2 meg pix