Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Phnom Penh Quickies!

I hired a boat while the boys were sleeping just to shoot these images around the city and its great river. For I USD12, I can get the whole boat for myself for about 1 hour.

I was warned by my host, a UN personnel, that the UN has some color specification on boat rides which are not quite safe.

I didn't care. I want to walk and sail and shoot.



We skirted this venue everyday, everyday. On the way to the Central Market, Russian Market, Hearts of Darkness and back.


By the way, there was nothing Russian about Russian Market. How?



Seriously, this boy is trying to "open" a coconut with his fingers and teeth.




On the deck, under the hot sun. I felt like a photographer from NatGeo.




The street of Phnom Penh





The River Bassac (a spur out of the Great Mekong)


A fisherman, waiting for his daily catch.


Pnohm Penh gave me the opportunity for me to rejuvenate my friendship with a great friend SK who now has a wonderful husband and 2 adorable children.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

love all your pics!

Anonymous said...

such great photos ... all these while we were asleep ??

will always cherish our time there

:-D