Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fes el Bali - within the medina wall

View from a higher point




This guy only sells yarn - spun thread used for knitting, weaving, or sewing. They are made of silk. He insisted to be photographed when I approached his shop to find out what were those colorful materials in the background. He actually wrote his address for me to send him this picture. I feel so bad, I haven't done that!



Spices and herbs sold by the roadside. Most of them, among others are ingredients for authentic Morrocan cuisine - the tajine - simply delicious!




Ahmed was our guide. He said he used to work in the university - I took that with a pinch of salt. He was not as knowledgable as I expected. I remember once I asked him how big was a mosque we were visiting, expected him to give me at least the capacity of people the mosque could accomodate during friday prayers.

Ahmed! How big is this mosque

He went: Ohhh.. Very big!

I felt like strangling him.



Two boys hanging around an entrance to a university, on an old fountain which was used for drinking and ablution.



Fresh picks

1 comment:

Kembara Musafir said...

wow! luv the photos and entries... Dude, share your travel itinerary pls... may be I can just fllw the same itinerary if I go on holiday "au Maroc"... have been wanting to go there for a long time... hope that you tried the "couscous" there.... the original couscous, not the one that you get in Paris/France... "Que j'adore le Maroc"!!