Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bike Buddies


The last ride I had with my cycling buddies was a few weeks before election. Our favourite route. The route is scenic with very little traffic. It’s not an abnormal Sunday if we bumped into other cyclists, a group of weekend warriors on their high powered super bikes pushing their machines to the limits or even a convoy of Satria GTI clubbers! Typical boys-and-their-toys Sunday.







Had breakfast on the fly, in the car while speeding to Ulu Langat, the trailhead. I was 15 minutes late. A long the way, the traffic was heavier for an average Sundays. Oh no wonder, it the Chinese Ching Ming – the day they visit the graveyard.




As soon as I arrived, I told my 2 buddies – hey lets not talk about politics today. It lasted for about 10 minutes and the bitching session start shortly after that. To think of it, I have not met a single soul who has given a positive remarks on the current leadership. Lets not get there lah.


We only completed a 45km ride. I was struggling to reach the top, but I did. Not a surprise to me as I have been neglecting the saddle and the treadmill for a while. As usual, after the ride we took a dip into the cold Sungai Langat and reward ourselves with nasi lemak bungkus for carbo reloading.




I was quite pissed off to see a major deforestation along our favourite route. It should be part of the forest reserve. I took several pictures and will send them to the authorities.


This is a weekend home we drool over each time we pass by. It's simple yet nicely done on an undulating piece of land. One set back though - it's good that the owner kept the original terrain but why did he has to chop off the original vegetation? It's a beautiful weekend home, nevertheless...








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi...i was thinking of starting on cycling...any advice on what should i look for when buying?

shemeq said...

anonymous:
please refer to my next post.