Sunday, February 03, 2008

♥@ 1st sight - 13

I went to check out the progress of the FIAT over the weekend. They have completed spraying the car into the original FIAT "blanco" white.



I am the kind of person who expect at least 100% value in return from every single penny I pay for goods or services rendered. Some people said I am very "cerewet" or fussy but I don't care. It's my right as a consumer.



Maniam promised to deliver a good job because I did not haggle too much (I tried!) on the price. I said OK provided he gave something up to my satisfaction.



What I saw today was generally OK but NOT up to my expectation. As usual, I came out with a list of things which were not done correctly. I think Maniam had a migrane after that, or he was such a good actor in a negotiation.


l
There are more things need to be done after the completion of body and paint work. All the parts need to be reinstalled and the most tricky parts are the windsheilds and windows. They need to be fitted correctly with new rubber to seal the glass to the body.



I am quite happy with the progress ut I didnt show it to Maniam. (I hope Maniam doesnt know about this blog!)



Once I am happy with Maniam's work of art by a team of artists from Myanmar, the car will be towed back to Torino (not in Italy but in UK - Ulu Kelang lah) for those meccanica to reinstall the little fully restored 600cc classic Italian engineering into the rear end of the car. (Yes, rear engine, just like his cousin, Signor Ferrari... hehe)



I have to look for a place to get the upholstry done. Do tell if any of you have a place to recommend. If leather is too expensive, I might have to settle with just PVC.



Now, I have to think of a name to call this car to comemorate the rebirth of the little classic.

No comments: