Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's a small world



Just came back from a long lunch with a bunch of old friends and bumped into a close friend’s mom.



Long lunch is a perk when your company is in the process of a merger. Not my fault, really. Blame the system.

Bangsar is too small. You bound to bump into people you know, especially in BSC or Bangsar Village. It’s a neighborhood hangout.




I was told once that if you were to go out for dinner with a dodgy date, you might as well go to Cheras or Port Klang. Or perhaps, Gombak.

Bloody small world.




In Bangkok last December, I was out to shoot xmas lights and trees and new year decorations in Central World Plaza. At 2am, I was browsing around looking for a good spot with my camera and a tripod. (Yes, there were 20 other people with cameras and tripods, so I felt at home)



I volunteered to take a pic of one of the couples. (You know you can tell they were looking for someone to take their picture together kind of thing?). Before the guy handed the camera to me, he went:




Are you from KL?

Yeah (oh shit! 2am in the middle of Bangkok?)

I think I have met you before with so and so

That’s right, that’s right (I haven’t a clue, but I am sure we met before when he mentioned this particular friend who loves to party.)

The world is getting smaller.

So, behave!

No comments: