Monday, September 25, 2006

have a blessed Ramadhan!

Hi. Sorry I didn’t tell u that I’m moving permanently to Bangkok nxt wk.
I don’t know how long I am staying there.
I will give you the number, address and new email when I get there.
Hope 2 c u at least before I leave?
Sorry for the short notice.
I hv no choice.
They hv chosen me as the……..



Next Prime Minister of Thailand.


(Have a blessed Ramadhan)



kueh bakar

I am quite certain almost everybody who carries hand phone (I think that’s everybody!) gets the above sms. I myself get 3 of the same message back.

One:
It’s a bloody good business for service providers. Within 2 days before Ramadhan the sms volume could be close to what they use to collect during Akademi Fantasia of jokes about Siti & Dato' K's wedding, perhaps….

stuffed periok kera (like lemang, but nicer)

Two:
WHO actually is the author of the sms. He/she must be a genius! For a short massage like that being used by possibly millions of phone users. Or perhaps it’s the phone companies themselves that create the message and spam it, from then on it just go wild…..

good old goreng pisang (or is it pisang goreng?)

Three:
The best thing is, by receiving this message with “Have a blessed Ramadhan” attached to it, it gives a sense of togetherness among the Muslims greeting each other welcoming the holiest month in their lunar calendar with open arms.
roti jala

Yes, have a blessed Ramadhan everybody!


*images of food were taken in Kampung Paya Tebu Hitam, Rompin, Pahang.

No comments: