Monday, February 21, 2011

The first view of Vientiane







I didn't get to see Vientiane from the air as I was allocated on the aisle. It was rather dark when we arrived. Since there was no more air tickets available from Vientiane to Luang Prabang, our best bet is the bus.



They call it VIP bus but nothing VIP about the bus. Perhaps the driver was the VIP. He got to drive slowly and listen to the (locals) music as he wished, and the level of volume he desired. It was a long 10 hour rides to Luang Prabang. My behind was numb! Remind me of my bus trip from Yangoon to Mandalay.



The bus stopped in the middle of no where, midway I believe, for passengers to have supper / dinner. In the same area there were rows of stalls selling almost identical products : dried fresh water fish. I have no comment since I don't really like fresh water fish.




No comments: