Saturday, March 14, 2009

This article on Tengku Azura was published in NST on 22nd February 2009, recently.

And I had the pleasure to photograph her for my client recently.

Despite her beauty, her height and her catwalk achievement, she is very humble, down to earth and very easy to work with.

These are what I delivered to my client (one of which is used in print advertisement in GLAM and HELLO magazines) :


credits:

hair extension by Hairdreams
hairstyling by Bambang Soteto of Hairkunst
wardrobe assembled by Jovian Mandagie
makeup by Khir
digital touch-up by ARIZONA
photogrphy by M H Photography


In 2000, Tengku Azura became the first Malaysian model to grace Christian Dior’s fashion campaign for the Asia Pacific, an honour that would open doors to the statuesque model had she decided to pursue her dreams abroad. Tengku Azura said life as a model, with parties and long nights, is way behind her.

“I have become a simple person now. Most of the time, I’m without make-up. I’m homely, believe it or not. I think motherhood has helped me change into a better person.”

She spends her free time with her boys. Their favourite activities are jogging in the park and playing badminton.
“I’m not a gym person. I prefer walking and running outdoors,” she said. “I try to be my sons’ friend, but as a mother, I need to also discipline them. My emphasis is on education. I will put them through school until they get their degrees and after that, they can do whatever they want. Education gives them something to fall back on in case things don’t work out.

The Model of the Year for 2003 Malaysia International Fashion Awards and 2008 Stylo KL Fashion Festival will retire soon.

Tengku Azura on:


Designer clothes: “Just because they are expensive doesn’t mean they are perfectly made. Some clothes’ sleeves don’t stay on the shoulders. Some fray around the stitches. Some are uncomfortable. But clothes by Gucci, Dior, Versace and Chanel are always a pleasure to wear.”


Love or money: “Love. Will and always be. I look for love above everything else. Money can’t buy me love. I may have suffered two broken marriages but I have not given up looking for love.”


Friends: “Modelling can be a fierce and superficial industry, since everyone is only looking after themselves, but I have made some loyal friends over the years, including former model Irene Santiago. I think in a competitive environment, you tend to group together with people like you and form a lasting friendship.”


Beauty tips: “Sleep. Never sleep with your make-up on, no matter how tired you are at night. Take your vitamins. If you wake up with puffy eyes, immediately use a hydrating eye cream. Use lip balm every day. Love yourself and the body that God has given you.”


Fashion: “Invest in a good pair of jeans. A perfect pair (which is not necessarily expensive) makes you look relaxed and cool. Buy loads of tank tops. Not only are they perfect for our weather, you can layer them up with shirts and cardigans.”


What Tengku Azura carries in her bag:


1. Barry Paris’s Audrey Hepburn. “To read while waiting. I love Hepburn’s classic look.”


2. Eulactol Cream for Very Dry Skin. “Some people never leave home without their credit card. I never leave home without my hand lotion.”


3. Bean Fans Jeffy notebook. “Where I write down my appointments and thoughts.”


4. Kiehl’s Lip Balm # 1. “Instantly softens my lips.”


5. Lip Fusion Lip Gloss in Bare. “It’s bare and I like its barely-there look on my lips.”


6. M.A.C Studio Fix and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. “They are my must-have touch-up tools.”


7. Chanel Blush in Canyon. “The light shimmer adds glow to my face.”


8. Carmex Cream for Cold Sores. “Great for very dry and chapped lips.”


9. YSL Lip Gloss and Lip Colour. “It’s cute and compact.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

shes so beautiful!

shemeq said...

pretty:

her parents are from Terengganu.. hehehe

what does that say