Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LOVE @ 1st Sight - 30

David called me the other day and told me that the original rims have been fully restored. He took the rims and snet them to a tyre shop in Jalan Sungei Besi near the old airport and fixed a set of new tyres.



Even to jack up the car, they were very careful to find the right spot so that the chasis doesn't get damaged.



I was advised by the towkey at the tire shop that it okay to use the power tool to unscrew the nuts of the rims. However, to screw it back, power tools are not to be used as it's too powerful, which could damage the tread of the old car.

This guy knows his stuff.






I insisted tehm to apply some grease on the bolts and nuts because they appeared to be very dry.

Of course he knew that already. Duhhh!


The current "sport rims" made in Japan that ame with the car. They look good actually, but they are not original. I am too anal. I want everything to be original Italian made.



The newly restored rims, without the hub cap. The hub caps are at Torino Auto. The are brand new, spotless, shining stainless steel. It's gonna look really good!






They also insisted me to watch the water test to ensure there no bubles come out from the new wheels. Passed with flying colors....

I was reminded that the pressure is 30psi I think.

The ride back to Bangsar from Jalan Subgei Besi was relatively smooth, not only because of new tire but also the bigger rims gave quite a bit of comfort on the road.

Great!

I can't believe this is the 30th post.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations the car looks fab ! rims galore .. he he ..

;-D

geeHam said...

interesting write up.. Alem

geeHam said...

Alem,...another interesting journey i guess..

shemeq said...

red planet: And it has a name now ;-)

shemeq said...

jali:

hey you found my (not quite) secret little hiding place..... sigh....

xploramons said...

Hi! You know? I'm working for the company that produces this car, and my father also did before...It's very nice, there're very little in the world. Congratulations!