Saturday, May 17, 2008

TIESTO@PORTDICKSON


pix:www.sebastienremes.info


Well, actually I do not know much about raves and the progressive music spinning -business? - culture? - cult?

That was my first rave party and I enjoyed it tremendously.



I know some people who are not only connoisseurs of raves and progressives, one of them have even literally pinched Mr. Tiesto’s butt! And most of them, if not all, are the citizens of Jakarta Stadium-land who has collected very significant frequent flyer mileage points.

We were repeatedly informed they normally arrive in fast Italian sports cars, in different colors (all of those in the spectrum of the rainbow) – they have their very own private cabins and the balconies too – out with the commoners are a lot of fun too I supposed!




The connoisseurs gave their immediate remarks right after the show (to their disappointment – it ended at 3am though – in some places in Jakarta, parties start at 3am and I am not sure what time they actually end – or do they ever??). Most of them, and by the way, I am implying authorities here, said: THE BEST! VERY WELL ORGANIZED. At that time, my spirit was high and I felt like I was in some kind of progressively patriotic mood…. If you know what I mean ;-)



Contrary to reports in the national dailies – 2 days in a row mind you - I did not see any brawls – u know like those in Bangsar or along Asian Heritage Row. I mean, can’t hey write about something else? I guess they have nothing else to write about now since some political parties are almost irrelevant in our country political landscape.

The crowd was very discipline – and it was a big crowd – I didn’t see anybody passed out. Oh well, there were quite a few begging for mineral water despite being warned to be prepared to constantly re-hydrate due to high humidity or perhaps high in slightly dissimilar context.



I like watching IN enjoying the music. I like watching him getting other people to enjoy the music and the whole progressive party ambience. He is very composed throughout the party, while making sure the supply of mineral water and fruit juices and other things are secured at all time.

Momo - was another distinct character. I am a newbie who is still trying to grasp the idea of enjoying a rave. I guess he sensed my frequent dissolutions in the crowd where everybody was jumping, more than you can see in an NBA match. He came to me and said - with stern authority, while tapping on my abs (well, stomach actually):

M, feel the music, feeeeeel the music!




I refuse to elaborate or comment whatever the press or the politicians said about the rave party because it’s not worth it. My blog space is too precious to talk about narrow-minded individuals from irrelevant camp. Perhaps they should look at other issues like those brothels in their own backyards which are conveniently called Pusat Istirehat or Karaoke. They have been permanently there for years. Institutions! And I can bet my ass they will be there for years to come.

I had a fantastic time, one of the best parties (ever!) with my friends and our friends who were here for our Malindo Ujung Minggu. As much as I love the party I don’t think I would be a frequent flying raver - simply because I cherish my eardrums and of course not to forget my precious brain cells – what ever left of it.




It was too hot. IN and a big and mean-looking raver ripped my sleeves off my favorite tee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a first time raver, this is very insightful and clearly showed deep observation and excellent grasp of most important aspect of a rave.
well done!

shemeq said...

ramadian:

thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

A first timer or not.
We always face music with a new spirit.
Given that everyone and everyday changes.
If our looks don't that doesn't imply our spirit is as static as our looks are.
You were feeling the music - you were just refusing to fall into the realm of it.
Eventually you did.

:)
MO
x x