Monday, May 26, 2008

Happily Retired


I still keep in touch with my ex bosses, people who help me a lot in career and the development of my professional life. My mentors in many aspects.

I do make a point from time to time to meet up to have dinner, to catch up on various issue and of course pick their brains on things that I am working on.

I normally have a couple of solid hours to absorb tips and tricks, based on their priceless experience.

DS is happily retired, and it shows.



I recently took him our for a simple nasi daun pisang dinner in Kuantan at one of his favorite restaurants and of course we talked about politics.

Now I know, and very certain that Karpal Singh has his point in his controversial statement against the Royal House - carefully interpreted based on the constitutions. However - based solely from the reports in the main stream media - I am still not happy with Karpal intonation when he addressed the issue with the Royal House. But, that not what I want to talk about here.



He invited me for dinner, to reciprocate my treat by inviting me to his beach house. When I arrived at his house the next evening I was pleasantly surprised to notice two set of my photography works nicely framed and proudly displayed in the living room.

As I entered the house occupied by a musically inclined gentleman, I notice there was an
electric guitar on the sofa, and an aqustic guitar on the other end of the sofa. Next to the sofa, there is a keyboard. I asked him where was the cello that he recently acquired.

His answer:

Oh, it's upstairs next to the drum set.

He is in his mid 60s and still cycle about 20km per day.

The dinner was excellent! He actually cooked for us - Spaghetti carbonara with squids, scallops and crayfish.

He has always been my inspiration.

No comments: