Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cahaya Mata ku

I just dumped my yellow baju melayu into the washer - stained with kicap my sis served with bakso. After 3 houses, I am beat!

I did not go to many open houses - only 3, a must every year besides my family.

Just came back from NS's grandma's house.

NS's mom, as usual sat next to me and tell me stories when NS's wasn't even born yet.


Auntie Maryam (you've got to pronounce her name correctly, like MAR YAM or she will make sure you will. She reemphasized, in the Quran there is one whole surah specifically for Maryam (Virgin Mary) and proud of it.

She started taking about names and told to me how they decided NS's name when Auntie Maryam was pregnant.


Auntie Maryam went to see her father (TSK) and asked this soon to be grandfather what would he name his first grandchild.

TSK answered: Cahaya Mata ku. In Arabic: Nuraini.

But, what if it's a boy?

I am only giving one name and it's Cahaya Mata ku, Nuraini.



OK. being a kind hearted / diplomatic wife and daughter-in-law, Auntie Maryam also went to see and consulted her father-in-law, A.


What would you name your first grandchild?

I'd name her Nur Ain - Cahaya Mata in Arabic

But what if it's a boy?

I am only giving you one name: Nur Ain - Cahaya Mata



Both gentlemen gave pretty much the same name for their first granddaughter and both of them sorta knew the baby was going to be a girl.


AMAZING!!


***I enjoyed talking to Auntie Maryam.

I really miss my mom :-(

No comments: